Customer Terms & Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and Veopolis Limited of 132-134 Great Ancoats Street, Manchester, M4 6DE, the owner(s) of this Website (“us”/”we”). Our company number is 10391504. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by Clauses 1, 2, 5 – 10 and 14 – 23 of these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. Clauses 3, 4, and 11 – 13 apply only to the sale of Goods. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately. No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending an order confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION:
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers;
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
means any products including but not limited to fishing and camping equipment and clothing, that we advertise and/or makes available for sale through this Website including without limitation our photographic prints;
means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that we make available through the Website either now or in the future;
means any online communications infrastructure that we make available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users”
means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by us and acting in the course of their employment;
means the website that you are currently using (www.veopolis.joedarwen.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. AGE RESTRICTIONS:
Persons under the age of 16 should use this Website only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
These Terms and Conditions are intended to deal with customers who are consumers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to trade customers buying Goods in the course of business.
If Goods are being ordered from outside the United Kingdom, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. We are not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported. Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and that we cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering. Please also be aware that United Kingdom consumer protection laws may not apply.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
- Subject to the exceptions in Clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Veopolis, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property and other laws.
- Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given our express written permission to do so.
6. THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, copyright and trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
7. FAIR USE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Veopolis or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
9. LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE:
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site without our prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires our express written permission. To find out more please contact us by email at [email protected]
10. USE OF COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES:
- When using the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your Account being suspended or closed:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of our business or our affiliates; and
- You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- You acknowledge that we may retain copies of any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- You acknowledge that any information you send to us through our System may be modified by us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon our use of such information must be communicated to us in advance and we reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- In order to purchase Goods on this Website and to use certain other parts of the System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as we may not require Payment Information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Website you represent and warrant that:
- all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised purchases that may be pending. Please be aware that purchases can only be cancelled until they are dispatched. In the event that an unauthorised purchase is dispatched prior to your notifying Us of the unauthorised nature of the purchase, please contact Veopolis directly using the contact information on the Contact us page.
- When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 10. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
12. TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION OF ACCOUNTS:
- Either Veopolis or you may terminate your Account. If We terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- If We terminate your Account, any current or pending purchases on your Account will be cancelled and will not be dispatched.
- We reserve the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment and dispatch.
- If purchases are cancelled for any reason prior to dispatch you will be refunded any sums paid in relation to those purchases within 14 calendar days.
- If you terminate your Account, any non-dispatched purchases will be cancelled and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases within 14 calendar days.
13. GOODS, PRICING & AVAILABILITY:
- Whilst every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from us correspond to the actual Goods, we are not responsible for variations from such descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 15.1 for incorrect Goods.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size, model, colour and/or number of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- We neither represent nor warrant that Goods will be available. Stock indications even where provided on the Website it should be noted that such indications may not take into account sales that have taken place during your visit to the Website.
- All products are subject to availability. In the event of any supply difficulties, we reserve the right to substitute with a product of equivalent value and quality without notice.
- All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- All prices on the Website include VAT.
- We allow some of our Vendors to sell alcohol and age restricted products in our Food & Drinks categories, as long as they comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the sale, postage and delivery of alcoholic beverages in all countries where alcohol is sold, posted and delivered to customers.These vendors must carry the required licenses to sell, post and deliver alcohol or age restricted products, and they must have completed our registration process to list alcohol or age restricted products on our website.Our policy is applicable to those permitted vendors of alcohol products, other age restricted products, and buyers who transact with them.
- We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 years of age, you are permitted to use Veopolis.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. In accordance with UK law when you place an order for alcoholic beverages with a vendor shop on Veopolis.com you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- Representations and warranties. Each buyer represents and warrants that:
• The buyer of the alcohol or age restricted product is at least 18 years old.
• The recipient of the alcohol or age restricted product is at least 18 years old.
• The transaction will comply with all laws, including all laws around postage and fulfilment.
- Limitation of liability: Buyers of alcohol or age related products on the site expressly acknowledge and agree that Veopolis shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits (however arising, including negligence) resulting from or in connection with the sale of property on the Veopolis site.
14. ORDERS & DELIVERY:
- No part of this Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending to you an order confirmation email and/or sending out your order. Only once we have sent you an order confirmation email and/or sent the order will there be a binding contract between us and you.
- Order confirmations may also be enclosed on paper with your Goods.
- If we, for any reason, do not accept your order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. In any event, any sums paid by you in relation to that order will be refunded within 14 calendar days.
- The risk in the Goods shall remain with us until they leave our Premises or those of Our suppliers.
- Delivery charges may be made known at time of order as these prices can vary.
- It may not be possible to deliver some products to certain areas.
- Deliveries via courier services cannot be delivered at specific times.
- Delivery is not available on Sundays or public holidays, orders will be delivered on the next working day.
- Please ensure that you have included the full address details, including accurate postcode of the intended recipient and telephone number, your daytime contact telephone number or e-mail address.
- We or our Carrier will deliver the goods to the address provided in good faith and we cannot accept responsibility if the intended recipient is no longer at that address and the receiver refuses or fails to return the items(s).
- Please note that where the Carrier is unable to find someone to accept delivery, or unable to leave the delivery in a secure location, they will leave a card at the address for the recipient to make contact and re-arrange delivery. If the recipient fails to make contact in good time we reserve the right to charge for re-delivery to that or an alternative address.
- In respect of orders outside the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, delivery shall be made as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- Orders for a number of items for delivery to the same address may be dispatched separately and we cannot guarantee delivery on the same day.
- We shall not be liable for any failure to perform in our obligations where such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
15. RETURNS POLICY:
Returns are governed, by default unless otherwise indicated, by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered, you should contact Us within 14 calendar days to arrange your return. You will be given the option to have the Goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. Replacements will be issued upon receipt of the returned Goods. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. The packaging does not need to be unopened. Refunds will be issued within 14 calendar days and in any event no later than 30 calendar days after receipt of the returned Goods and will include standard delivery charges. We regret that additional costs such as express delivery and gift-wrapping cannot be refunded.
- If you are a consumer based within the European Union, you have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is complete and ends 14 calendar days after the Goods have been delivered to you. If the Goods are delivered to you in installments, the 14 calendar day period begins on the day that you receive the final installment. If you change your mind about the goods within this period, please inform us within 14 calendar days of receipt. Goods must be returned to us within 14 calendar days of the day on which you inform us that you wish to return the Goods. You are responsible for paying return shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason. Refunds will be issued no later than 14 calendar days after you inform us that you wish to cancel under this provision and will include standard delivery charges. We regret that additional costs such as express delivery and gift-wrapping cannot be refunded.
- We may not be able to accept returns under the cooling off period of the following types of Goods and/or taking into account the following circumstances:
- Goods made to your specifications or that have been personalised;
- Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- Goods which are sealed for health or hygiene reasons that have been unsealed after delivery;
- Goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items;
- Goods consisting of audio or video recordings or computer software (including games) in sealed packaging where the seal has been broken after delivery.
- Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods beyond handling them to the extent necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of them (such as you would, for example, handle a display item in a shop). Please note that opening packaging does not prevent you from returning Goods unless the Goods fall under sub-Clauses 15.3.3 or 15.3.5 and in any event does not include the opening of delivery packaging, only the packaging of the product itself.
- You may not cancel an order for: (i) perishable goods once your order has been dispatched; or (ii) customised goods if as at the time you seek to cancel, the customisation process has begun.
- In respect of non-perishable non-customised goods you may cancel your order from the point at which you place your order until 14 calendar days after you have received your goods. If you exercise your right to cancel, you will be responsible for costs of returning the goods which must be returned within 14 calendar days of cancelling.
- Returns must be sent to our Premises or an alternative address agreed in writing by Us.
- You are entitled to cancel any payment at any time where fraudulent use has been made of your credit or debit card by another person not acting on behalf of you or as your agent and to be re-credited by us to the extent that such sums are not reimbursed by the card issuer in such circumstances.
- We make no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our services.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Whilst We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers.
- Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Veopolis.com is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
18. CHANGES TO THE SERVICE AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
We reserve the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If we are required to make any changes to these Terms and Conditions pertaining to the sale of Goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
19. AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE:
- The Website and any Service provided therein is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Website or any Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
20. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. You should be aware that you use the Website and its Content at your own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Veopolis.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts our liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of Goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
21. NO WAIVER:
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
22. PREVIOUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
23. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS:
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Veopolis.
All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises or by email to [email protected] Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
We may from time to time, if you opt to receive it, send you information about our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please indicate so using our website.
25. LAW AND JURISDICTION:
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
26. TAXATION POLICY:
Veopolis t/a Veo.world is a private ‘mission-driven’ UK company and our success is built on our society’s public infrastructure and goodwill. In this spirit our company will always offer its full compliance with public taxation, as we believe that paying our taxes in this way is the clearest indication we can give of our being responsible participants in society.
Therefore we will not undertake transactions:
- that would require notification under the Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations;
- that participate in any arrangement to which it might be reasonably anticipated that the UK’s General Anti-Abuse Rule might apply
- with the main aim of securing tax advantages that our trade alone would not attract;
- to subsidiaries or accounts in countries where we do not engage in trade or employment.
And we will:
- represent our business transactions in the most truthful and obvious manner;
- pay all taxes due from those representations;
- arrange our business in ways that reduce our liability without compromising any of the above principles;
- publish our annual accounts in such a way that our tax computations can be understood and replicated.